Monday, April 29, 2013

Trying for baby #2

It's been a couple of LONG, hard months for us. However, my faith is stronger than ever and I know we will get thru these tough times.

In February, I got my regular cycle, and it finished normally. About a week after, I started spotting. I spotted for about 1 month straight. I didn't go to the Dr. because spotting is very common in women who have PCOS. When I finally went ( a month later) she told me it could be the PCOS and went ahead and gave me a pregnancy test. And it came back positive.

As soon as I left there, I went to my OBGYN and he did the blood work and the ultrasound. My HGC levels were very low, and he told me that I was having a miscarriage. Which I kinda know around when it happened. But I never knew that it was a miscarriage because the pain was not strong. I thought it was just cramps. He also said that my progesterone was really low. He suggested that I take some Methylergonovine and it would flush my body of the lining and everything else in there.

The day I took those pills...was the hardest day. I felt guilty, sad, relieved, scared all in one. Guilty because I should have gone to the Dr. sooner and MAYBE this baby would still be growing inside of me.
Sad, because I felt that I was getting rid of the baby. When I know there was nothing left inside of me but the lining of my uterus. Relieved because this would finally be over and we could start again. Scared because I didn't know what would happen during this time.

When I picked up my pills the Pharmacist was so nice, she looked at me. Held my hand, and walked around the counter and hugged. She said " I know this is hard, but God has his reasons" and I truly believe that.

I bled for about 2 month after, the Dr. said he wanted me to flush it out with out having to do a D&C because it could cause me scar tissue, especially since there really wasn't much for him to scrape out.

I finally got at phone call 2 weeks ago telling me that my levels finally dropped to 0! Took them long enough!!!

But now! Its time to start again. He wants me to go on the 3rd day of my cycle and he will determine if I am ovulating. If I am, he will put me on progesterone to help with the pregnancy if I get pregnant. He also put me on Folic Acid and on Metformin. The Metformin makes my blood sugar drop alot! I don't take the recommended dose. I take 1/4 of the pill to start me off. I will work my way up eventually.

In the mean time, I thank God for my little blessing Jade!  She is getting so big and sillier! I also thank Him for not allowing me to see a heartbeat. I think that if I would have seen the heartbeat it would have been harder for me.

Now it's time to baby dance and enjoy ourselves!! So here is to trying to conceive...my 2nd journey to motherhood!

No comments: