Wednesday, January 22, 2014

TTC with Pregnitude???

The last time I blogged about this, I was on Metformin. http://ttc-us.blogspot.com/2013/04/trying-for-baby-2.html

Well needless to say, I STOPPED taking it. Not by Dr.'s orders but because it was making me too sick. I would feel cloudy, confused, hypoglycemic symptoms etc. The side effects were endless. I do have PCOS, however mine is not so bad. I don't have all the symptoms which I thank God for it!!

The Hubs and I have been talking and we have decided that we want to go ahead and start trying to conceive naturally. We were able to conceive our Jadey naturally and the second one naturally (which ended in a miscarriage). However, this time I have been making a few changes.

1. PREGNITUDE
I did a little research and found this product called Pregnitude (LOL). Yes, I know the name is funny but to be quite honest. I am actually LOVING it so far. Prior to Pregnitude, I would have 40-60 day cycles. The symptoms were HORRIBLE. My periods would last 7-10 days all heavy.

Since taking Pregnitude...my cylces have now dropped to 32-35 days (which is amazing). This all changed since October. My periods have been coming on the day or close to the day each month. And my flows are heavy the first 3 days and then it gets lighter.

Above is a screen shot of why my cycles look like now and the length. I would say, looks like its working. The ingredients in this is just Myo-I and Folic acid, which according to research helps promote ovulation and ovarian function. We will see *praying and crossing fingers*

2. OPK'S
I have never used Ovulation Kits, but I went and bought some strips and started testing on CD9 (just to be safe). I took my first one yesterday and there was a tiny faint line. Apparently, you have to wait until the test like is either as dark or darker than the control line. Once that happens that means you are about to ovulate with in 12-48 hours. This test picks up your LH surge which (if I read right) is a hormone that is produced prior to ovulation. Being that I have PCOS, I don't ovulate every month. So with this kit, I should be able to pin point ovulation. YAY!

3. WEIGHT LOSS
I am also starting to work out. I am starting to do Zumba 3 times a week and I am also on Weight Watchers. The last time I was on WW I lost 25 lbs which was AWESOME, but then I had my miscarriage and gave up. But I want to continue on it, because I feel good when I do, I sleep better and my anxiety goes away! Also, it motivates me to bring sexy back lol. The best part is that I do it with my Sister LOL!!!


4. FAITH AND POSITIVE THINKGING
I have been praying more and just thinking positive. My mom and dad always told me that if I surround my self with positive things, people and thoughts I will gain prosperity, peace of mind and just a positive atmosphere for me and my family. And I plan on doing that. What else could be more positive than God, family and love??  I am praying that this journey isnt a long one, but I will leave it in Gods hands. I will however continue doing my part :-)

No comments: